Re: Re: FW: Newbie with a question...

Well, speaking as the list's token Goth Girl....

It's gotta be VNV Nation (yeah, Alyssa, it's me). Them, and Sisters of
Mercy. There are others that follow in their ilk, but those are the two
big ones for me. I listen to a lot of EBM (Apoptygma and some Iris and
De/Vision and :wumpscut when it's on at the club), but it's VNV that's
stolen my dark little heart (and some kisses, too, but that's another
story. Woot, Irishmen!). I'll even sneak their dark, thumping, wildly
incindiary CDs into the player at work when there's no one else around to
say me nay.

Sisters of Mercy are, of course, the Granddaddy of Goth, no matter what
Andrew Eldtritch might say. He claims he's not goth-- all the Goths know
better. Dark, orchestral, soaring, driving, bleeding, glorious music.

Oh, and I like Jo Dee Messina and Kenny Chesey and Travis Tritt and all,
but that's another story.