FW: Newbie with a question...

Greetings,

Just joined the list during the past week, after reading Linford's last
couple of posts about the message board.  Thought I'd check it out, and so
far, seems like a cool thing, with topics heavy and light, dark and bright.
Thought I'd contribute with a question that's been on my mind.

First...
Name: Kevin Dobo-Hoffman
Nickname: Doughboy (Wife and I own a small bakery, wife's maiden name is
Dobo, and I'm kinda round like the Pillsbury doughboy)
Hometown: Piqua OH

I have been an Over the Rhine fan since the first time I saw 'em at Sudsy's
in '92.  I don't really even remember the show, since I was totally
plastered before me and some friends ever got to the bar.  All I remember
was being totally blown away.  Now I only get to see them at Canal St.
Tavern in Dayton from time to time.  Not often enough, but I take what I can
get.

I own and love every OTR CD, but my favorite is Patience, because it was the
first one I ever bought, and made the biggest impact.

The question I would like to ask...

What group/artist do you like the most that is NOT similar (opposite) to
Over-the-Rhine?

I ask this because, prior to hearing OTR, I was mostly a hard rock/metal
head.  Patience looked a little out of place on my CD rack with Black
Sabbath, Yngwie Malmsteen, Dio and Ted Nugent.  Of course, my tastes are
more varied than that, especially in the last 10 years.  I have plenty of
classic rock; smooth jazz and classical CD's as well.  Not much folk or
indie yet, but I'm learning.  Thanks to OTR, I now have two Cowboy Junkies
CD's including the newest with Karin and Linford.  I haven't had a chance to
see 'em yet, though.

Personally, my favorite artist in the "opposite" category is Alice Cooper.
Just like his bizarre sense of humor and hearing his take on society,
government, culture, etc.

Just curious what all of you had on your lists that would sound strange next
to OTR?