Hey guys, how's the party?

Good to see JG back. I sent him one of my extra posters once. "Eve" poster,
right?

Logged on for the first time since Thursday, and got a boatload o' digests.
Did not feel the desire (or is it thoughtfulness?) to read them all. I'm so
on the outside of all this: is this bad form, to put it mildly, to delete
digests because there are just too many of them?

Got the general gist: some have voiced concern to leave the list quietly, or
at least leave and utter some parting thoughts, because of some opinions
uttered by a few. I seriously hope you would reconsider.

I have been on this list almost since its inception (1994?). The list has
gone through many cycles, and some leave and never return, some leave and
then come back (Don Smith, JG), some are still here lo there many years (Jan
Kendrick, Shannon Lewis, Ysoie, Jessyka, Rick with the Kilt), and some are
long gone but their fingerprints are all over the wallpaper (Snoop Dug, Kyle
Howe). A very, very few have managed to burp up their views, and someone
else has had their feelings smacked as a result. It takes time to know these
people in a listserv such as this, to know who's who and whom to confront
and whom to just ignore. Don't run. Stay. Get acquainted. Sometimes it
hurts. Sometimes it's a freakin' gas.

NOTE ALSO.......that email is a *very poor* method of showing the ultimate
emotion and mental and spritual intent. Last month I sent an email to
someone new at my job, congratulating him on doing something with the right
protocol, which too many did not. He wrote back asking if I was being
sarcastic. Sometimes email just doesn't work the way I wish, and maybe not
the way you wish either....

In short, the *huge* majority here are reasonable well-spoken well-meaning
folks. We're going to have differences of opinion and methods of expressing
such. And the only thing holding all of us together is that we think OTR is
one of the great bands of all time, so well written, well spoken, well
constructed craft from well read people. Their music is thoughtful and
sensual and human, and it resonates with all of us.

After that, we're different folks who are going someome to scrape or rub the
wrong way, mostly unintentionally. Guaranteed! I'd bet my house! Except I'd
have to live in a Saturn if I lose. Not comfy. Never mind the bet..... ;)

I have not read Linford's email, but I think I know what I expect out of the
list: people expressing how much they like OTR, and related stuff, and since
we have that in common, we'll have other things in common, which means
tangents. (And of course, life happens while you're making other posts, so
we talk about that.) And we're adult enough to pull ourselves over when we
get out of line. Is OTR a Christian Band? Would Jesus buy a Rolex or a
Timex? What is a raghead? ....... Sometimes we have to look at what we
create here ......

........and realize where we've been, forgive whom we must if need be, pull
ourselves out, take a look, breathe deeply, and start over, with something
like this.......

"Ubiquitous Hands" is still the most personal OTR song for me.

And there we go!
Scott