Re: i've been waking up happy too

----- Original Message -----
From: "katherine willis" <willie_612 at yahoo_com>
Subject: i've been waking up happy too

> awww shucks guys... i dunno what to say.  i would say jg's
> & jessyka's compliments made my weekend, but i DID catch
> both shows, so i'll have to chalk them up to icing on the
> cake (but a gooey chocolatey icing indeed :-).
>   the dalton show was great.  there were lots of high
> school kids (i think it was homecoming night so a lot of
> them were dressed all pretty to go to the dance later) and

We were wondering why all those girls had shiny dresses on. We thought maybe
Over the Rhine was the biggest thing to hit Dalton in awhile and so they
thought it was the perfect chance to show off their pretty dresses.

Homecoming makes more sense.

In my humble opinion, the show was good, but short and uneventful. It's
always a pleasure to hear Karin sing, but I forget how much I dig the band
when it's a band and I shouldn't expect to be as wowed with a 2 piece.

The upright bass was fun, wonder why they didn't use it for Bothered.

If Nothing Else is yummy. Little Blue River just as good. Like a Radio
amazing.

Jack's Valentine, Latter Days and Poughkeepsie...maybe I've just heard them
too many times. Zena started passing around her rings to us at that point,
so I'm thinking she might have been bored. ;-)

It seems to me that Karin reveres Ohio. To me it's always been just another
state, but to her it is some magical idealistic location of wonder and
memories.

I'm sorry I missed the show in Kent. I started looking for rides from
Columbus way too late...although I was still hoping my car would magically
start running again or something. I'm so vehicularly challenged these days.

It's coming to fruition,
Lara