Re: jury duty update

In a message dated 10/12/2001 4:05:38 PM Central Daylight Time, yellowpolo at hotmail_com writes:

What I gather from your stories is that you might get an order to go to the
court together with a lot of other people from which they try to choose 12
for a jury?
Yes
And if you're not chosen you can go home again?
Yes
But what if you are chosen?
Anyone care to explain the jury system in a few words?  Ha ha ha!

You are stuck there for as long as the trial/hearing lasts.  In my case it took 3 days to pick a jury (anyone against the death penalty in any case or for it in any murder case were eliminated).  So the liars were sent home; once they discovered that either of those answers was the ticket home.  The trial then took 5 days.

Mike