Re: jury duty update

Actually in a lot of counties (such as mine) you can
sit there for days waiting to be called up for a
possible spot on a jury without ever being called.  I
was typically sent home each day after about 4-5 hours
of waiting.

Kelvin

--- LikeTheQuiche at aol_com wrote:

> > What I gather from your stories is that you might
> get an order to go to the
> > court together with a lot of other people from
> which they try to choose 12
> > for a jury?  Yes
> > And if you're not chosen you can go home again?
> Yes
> > But what if you are chosen?
> > Anyone care to explain the jury system in a few
> words?  Ha ha ha!
>
> You are stuck there for as long as the trial/hearing
> lasts.  In my case it
> took 3 days to pick a jury (anyone against the death
> penalty in any case or
> for it in any murder case were eliminated).  So the
> liars were sent home;
> once they discovered that either of those answers
> was the ticket home.  The
> trial then took 5 days.
>
> Mike

=====
Willy Wonka: "You know what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he ever wanted?"
Charly: "No. What?"
Willy Wonka: "He lived happily ever after."