Re: war

++++    Word up! All you bookworms spending too much time in the college
campus confines. That's not where the rest of the world exists. Profiling
isn't even a sin. Just because a tv anchor "raises the question" doesn't
mean there's even a legitimate concern, they have too much time on their
hands, they have to make news where there isn't any. Unfair police
practices and profiling are two different things. Even black cops profile
on the basis of race at times...
	It's also called a "clue", or "lead" or "tip". Be a thinking
public, don't just be sponges and soak in everything you hear!
	You still think I'm a racist Mike? X and Y, that's what I'm
saying.

WS

>Yeah but I bet you never lived in "those areas".  How can you tell
>what those areas are?  What is your basis for calling an area one of
"those areas"?  Let's see, because we read in the paper about those
areas?  Go to a city you are unfamiliar with.  Tell me how you will make
a determination if you get lost and go down a side street somewhere, if
it one of "those areas".

>Sorry but I don't think that racism and profiling are the same thing
>at all.
>

>Profiling is based on certain statistical evidence.  People who are X
>do Y
>more often than people who aren't X do.  As a little white kid growing
up in a neighborhood where little white kids were a minority, I learned
VERY early that certain other kids liked to beat up on said little white
kids and hence made the obvious choice (gasp "profiling") to avoid those
other kids to help keep my lunch money and my teeth.

>Cops (and you will find not just the WASP cops either) profile as if
>their lives depended upon it, as it often does.  I don't think I can
state enough that the only ones I ever see as anti-profilers are those
who never really experience crime.  Maybe a sweeping generalization but I
believe that when we were told on the list that only WASPs support
profiling, "sweeping generalization day" was proclaimed.