Re: jury duty update

LikeTheQuiche at aol_com shared his experince with jury duty with the list:

>As Ysoie had been summoned for a murder case, I did too.  I was also the
>last
>person of the day to be chosen.  It's 6:15 PM and out of over 250 people
>and
>50 people in our individual courtroom, I was only the 5th chosen over the
>course of the whole day.  It took 2.5 days to finally pick the 14 people (2
>alternates).  We heard the 22 year old case of a man who with 2 others,
>robbed a bank and during the course of the robbery, he shot and killed the
>security guard.
{snipped]

Now I am not an American and here in Holland we don't have juries (jurys?)
in outlegal system.

What I gather from your stories is that you might get an order to go to the
court together with a lot of other people from which they try to choose 12
for a jury?
And if you're not chosen you can go home again?
But what if you are chosen?
Anyone care to explain the jury system in a few words?

Mark