Re: jury duty update

mike stunningly wrote:

> This last week has weighed very heavy on my heart.  I have sympathy for the
>  victim's family who was present each day.  My duty was not toward them but
>  be honest to myself in the interest of justice.  That is what I believe we
>  accompished.  Thank God it's over.

oh goodness...this is one of the hardest things i could ever imagine having
to do...i can't imagine either sentancing someone to do death or *not*
sentancing someone to death in the midst of families.

i do hope that if anything of that sort would *ever* happen to me (a tragic
death by the hand of someone else) that i would have the grace and wisdom to
put aside the hurt in my heart and realize that the person who hurt me was
also someone else's child, mother, father, friend, student, teacher, etc...

i think, back in my first year of college, when i learned that one of my
friends had been raped, i asked my father what he would do if the same thing
happened to me.  and he uttered something sort of what i just put
forth...that he would hope to have the wisdom to have faith in the government
and that justice would be brought, not by his own hand, but by the due
process of the law.  back then i was younger, sillier, and i was mad that my
father wouldn't, as so many men claim, rise up against someone who hurt me by
hurting them back.

then i think about things as i'm older...and i realize how wise he really is.

i love my daddy.  he'll never know what an influence he's had on me.

wow...that doesn't have very much to do with mike's post (sorry mike!).
*laughing*  i do get off topic many times...i guess.

mike, we're sending you love...i hope your heart doesn't hurt for too long.

*hugz and kisses*
jessyka