Re: Would it make a difference...

Thanks for the kind words, Don.

Here's some order-free reasons I dig this list, past + present:

Dan T, Megan, Melissa H, Brian S, Jan, Toast, CA Steve, Jessyka, Yz, J
Marie, Jay and Lynz, Dug, Debbie F, Chris F, Lara, CA Nathan, Don, Shelley,
Brad C, Marq, Kelvin, bink, Rick C, Fred, Stef R, David A, Ron B, Liesel,
the Klaums, Jessica C, Ponybat Stef, Andy S, Scott U, Damian S, Shannon
Lewis...  I'm sure there are dozens I'm forgetting.

Looking at that list, I've personally met all of ya but six.  And, echoing
what Don wrote, it's amazing that no matter what differences we have, we all
have the music of Over the Rhine in common.  Wacko.

Friends often are short or snitty with eachother.  And that's what's hard to
read for newcomers to this list.  For the most part, essentially, we're like
an extended dysfunctional family.

I'm freakish about posting on the list when it comes to OtR-related details
but often find it tough to do it re: real serious stuff (the topics of the
last month, e.g., I find it easier to discuss in person with family and
friends rather than on a cold and easy to misread tone of email).  At any
rate, to me the events of 11 Sept were an appalling slap in the face of
modern society.  Half of it seems rooted in just a completely different
culture that most of us are oblivious to recognizing, and the other half in
some grey area I still can't form well written thoughts for.

As for moderators, I sway on that too.  When I did my seemingly obligatory
three months off the list, it was caused by what I viewed as sheer chaos and
idiocy going on by a relative few that aren't around here much anymore.
Nowadays it sometimes seems there are more important things than this, but
then the pendulum swings the other way and nothing seems more important than
friends.

I was intending on joining y'all this weekend for some OtR in concert, but
will now be taking six flights basically taking me to LA, Denver then home
again.  Ever the optimist.  If y'all are in those areas, email me.

Mine, immaculate dream,
Bruce