From: otrfan [mailto:otrfan at netzero_net]
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2001 7:46 AM
To: Over-The-Rhine at actwin_com
Subject: New Music via OtR

Lurking no more, I was wondering...

Who else has discovered other amazing music via OtR, be it in concert or here on the list?

When I last saw OtR in Atlanta, Willard Grant Conspiracy opened the show.  What great pictures they weave via song, and his voice, what a great voice.  While WGC played, Jess Klein joined them for a few numbers.  That's two new names for me in one night, names I could not wait to have on CD.

While waiting for OtR to take the stage, an incredible CD was being played.  I asked the sound-guy who it was and discovered Sigur Ros.  Three new bands in one night.  Three incredible bands that have now been added to my CD collection.

As for the list, I first discovered Ani via the list.  Folk-punk-eclectic music at it's finest.  The latest I have found is Professor and MaryAnn.  First off, I always loved Gilligans Island so I loved the name right away.  I trust the other listees taste in music and decided to try them out.  Again, another great CD in my collection.  Genuine folk-music at it's core.

Thanks to OtR and the listees for helping me discover new music.  One can never have too many CD's.

until then,
Russ