RE: war...

Title: RE: war...

>From: Ysobelle at aol_com [mailto:Ysobelle at aol_com]

>And I still have no faith in Bush-- I have more faith in Colin
>Powell and the rest of Bush's cabinet. I don't think Bush is a
>very intelligent man, nor a very strong leader. But he has
>good advisors, and that's where the power lies, so in the end
>I don't think it matters.

I happen to think Bush is a pretty good leader.  Why you wouldn't think he was intelligent is hard to fathom.  As far as leadership, surrounding yourself with people who are better than yourself or stronger in certain areas than you is the height of leadership.  Doing less suggests poor leadership.

 By the way, it's capitalism. With an A.

I thought we were all past this.

>Bin
>> Laden is = Hitler. Simple as that, and he won't succeed.
>
>What on earth are you talking about?

I can see a lot of similarities between Hitler and Bin Laden.  The extinction of the Jews alone is a pretty clear similarity.

>>     And for awhile racial profiling is ok. Based on religion and
>> color, whatever, it's all we have to go on.

>> My G-d. Did you think before you spouted this racist
>invective? Racial profiling is okay?

Maybe not racial profiling per se, but if you lost friends and/or relatives in NY (as I), maybe you would think a little differently.  I am appalled at the state of INS in this country.  I know a minimum of 50 people who are in this country illegally.  They overstayed their visa, are here working (without paying taxes), getting free (to them anyway) medical treatment and on and on.  Maybe if we tightened up who can come and go things like this may not continue.

Are there certain areas in the town you live where you will not go at certain times of the day, like after dark?  Why is that?  You wouldn't be profiling yourself would you?  Since you won't go for profiling, what (if any) solution can you give?  WS is right these are sneaky people who many people believe have been sent here years ago to infiltrate, become citizens and be ready to do what they are told by their overseas leaders.

>I don't know what backwater
>you live in, but a great many people I work with are Muslim.
>Most of them are revolted that this has happened "in the name
>of Allah." Their religion has been usurped and corrupted
>vilely by a terrorist half a world away who claims to speak
>words they themselves would never dream of saying. Can you
>imagine how that feels? If some fundamentalist Christian blew
>up a Mosque somewhere in Indiana, claiming to be cleansing
>America of foreign i!
>nfluences in the name of Christianit
>y, wouldn't you be revolted? Or does your religion teach you
>to hate and use violence? Every Muslim I know has said the
>same thing: "This is not our religion. Our religion teaches
>peace, love, and respect for all creatures. Bin Laden does not
>speak for us."

Um look at the whole Palestinian conflict.  It certainly appears to be more than 1 vile terrorist that doesn't agree with the people you know.  If I were on the soil of a country that people of my religious, ethnic persuasion had just done something of this nature/magnitude I think I would be saying the same thing.  "Oh no not me, it's those other guys, I'm with you big fella.  Terrorism, nasty thing, makes you late for breakfast".

While I don't agree with many of the things said by WS, I think some of the rest of you need to wake up to reality.  I would have thought that the WTC would have been a wake-up, guess not.