"My Momma Sami..."

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Rhonda Hunt-Conklin wrote:
> Whatever. First of all, this was sent to me by
someone who did not
> believe in God before 9/11 and has since sought Him
out due to the
> tragedy and the need for comfort. I was attempting
to send it to
those
> who I thought would find comfort in it . . .

I can appreciate that.  But if I'm going to be
comforted, I would
prefer
to be comforted by the truth.  (And as disturbing as
the truth can be
sometimes, I'd like to think it is *also* comforting
at times.)

--- Peter T. Chattaway ---------------------------
peter at chattaway_com
---
Apparently you feel as though you have dibs on what
"Truth" is...are you Christ? I may not have written
the forward the way it was written, had I the
opportunity, but I believe that the message was
"PRAY!".
Is that not Truth? The forward was not perfect, nor am
I. The most important thing, I believe, is that my
motives were right and they were backed with Prayer.

I would appreciate it if you addressed my forward
here, on the list, not send your disection of my
attempt to comfort to EVERY person I attempted to
comfort. My sending that forward to the list was an
accident. Your sending your "critique" to the people
that I was trying to comfort was not. You have no idea
what kind of disheartening you may have caused. These
are people who need to know that God is with us
whether you think the forward was "truth", or not.

Thank You, God, that I believe your Word. I believe
that ALL things work together for the good of those
who are called according to Your purpose. God's will
be done.

Blessed Be.
Rhonda

np Rich Mullins' "the Jesus record"