Re: some meetings you just wear shoes

I don't think you're reading too much into it at all.
I don't, however, think its as much a tension between
a real divine and institutional spirituality as much
as it is the frustration of wanting so desparately to
approach the Divine in a real way but being stuck in
cursed humanity.
My take anyway.
I think "I Radio Heaven" is lyrically brialliant.

Kelvin

--- bigLight <biglight at pacbell_net> wrote:

> Actually, I've been noticing for a while a strong
> undercurrent in OTR
> songs of the meloncholy and of the restless
> questioner, spiritually
> speaking, from Moth ("There's no savior hanging on
> this cross/It isn't
> suffering we fear but loss/This is closer than I
> ever came/Just a
> burning Moth without a flame") to Happy to Be So
> ("If I try to pray it's
> like a game of Red Rover/ I take a real godd run at
> it, yes I do, but I
> can't break through") to I Radio Heaven ("I radio
> heaven/ I get mixed
> signals/I move the antenna/I switch the channels.")
> I see this as a
> constant quest for the, er, real Divine as against
> that championed by
> any one institution. Of cxoruse that could be me
> reading my own quest
> into OTR lyrics. It's happened before.

=====
Willy Wonka: "You know what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he ever wanted?"
Charly: "No. What?"
Willy Wonka: "He lived happily ever after."