Re: (NOTRC) to jeff klaum....

Ysobelle at aol_com wrote:

> Frighteningly enough, my Swiss Army knife came through security in my
> purse with no problems. While this made opening boxes easer today, I'm
> somehow quite discomfited.

At the risk of sounding like a cold-hearted bastard, this is one of the
reasons I don't put much stock in (or take much comfort in) the "extra"
security measures.  If someone, or some group of people, go through all
the trouble to live in the country for an extended period of time, learn
how to fly a plane, coordinate the entire effort across multiple planes,
and be willing to die for their objective... I think (and apparently not
too far off, it would seem) that they'll find some way to get whatever
they need past security guards.

Obviously, we should probably have the people at the gates pay a little
extra attention... but I think the measures they've taken is overkill,
and, frankly, ineffective for what they're trying to do.

Troy, who forgot his pocketknife at a friend's house last week and has
been sorely missing it this week...