"Christianity : to discuss...or not...."

.  I'm just tryin' to figure out when and where is
the
proper time for discussion of belief as injected into
e-mail
discussion.  I've begun to believe that _any_ such
discussion does not
work well.  It's not that I don't believe that minds
can't change over
e-mail, but I do feel that the whole process of living
one's beliefs
does
not reflect well in plain ascii.  Sharing world views
is great, but
there
comes a time at which point you have to throw up your
hands and scream
'Peace!'

Put more bluntly, I sometimes see e-mail flame wars
over beliefs and
the
ideas put forth as something about as valuable as
learning last night's
Texas Rangers' scores - really interesting to look at,
but it doesn't
generally change a lot.  It can - I've just found that
it does not tend
to.

I see where you're coming from but I think that the
propriety of discussing one's "beliefs" in any arena
should be based on "motive"...is one sharing one's
beliefs in order to "change" another or is one sharing
because their beliefs are so integrated into who they
are as a person their beliefs cannot be separated from
who they are and "how and what" they discuss. We are
fascinating creatures...I'm a "dirty mouth with feet"
but I can't seem to cut Jesus out of my
conversations...I'm not sure that I make Him the
proudest but I Love Him and He Loves me.

Blessings...
"and it's time, time, time
 and it's time, time, time
 and it's time, time, time that you Love...
 and it's time, time, time.
~Rhonda

np Tori Amos' "Strange Little Girls"...incredible!