cooler head prevails

--- Don Smith <dasmith at rotse2_physics.lsa.umich.edu>
Even beyond the details
> of the misunderstandings, it's possible that you and
> I just have differing
> views of the world, that no amount of argument will
> align.  If that is the
> case, we will have to agree to disagree

Yes.  Absolutely.

Don and all...

At this point I really feel I need to back up, and I
need to do it before everyone wakes up in the morning
and checks their email and decides to respond and this
whole thing gets out of hand and it would all be my
fault and it would be a really crappy day.  (Boy did
that sound selfish or what?)

I am not backing down from what I believe or the
points I was trying to make.  I am, however,
scrambling with much haste to back down from my tone.
I wasn't feeling very well today.  Put a little anger
on top of than and I can be incorrigable.  (not to
mention a poor speller)  I reacted and wrote out of
anger and general lousiness instead of a desire for
discourse and understanding.  I expected your response
to me to be tit for tat and it wasn't.  It was
rational and pretty darned conciliatory.  Thanks for
being a bigger man than me today.

Despite our disagreements over responsibility,
American foreign policy, scripture, whatever...I know
that we both agree on something pretty fundamental.
Whatever has gone before and whatever will happen now,
we both wish desparately to see our government act
responsibly and with integrity.

Rest assured that beyond the anger, arguments,
rhetoric and feeling like I've been hit by a mac
truck, I know you are an intelligent and right decent
fellow!

feeling strangely fine...

Kelvin

=====
Willy Wonka: "You know what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he ever wanted?"
Charly: "No. What?"
Willy Wonka: "He lived happily ever after."