Re: First and final word.

> on "final" (?) words...

I know, I keep getting sucked back in, against my better judgement.

> > To communicate, yes.  To explain myself, no.  You either get it or you
> > don't.  If you don't, I'm not going to take the time to explain it.
>
> that could mean that you care more about an elevated
> place where you live, walled with pride, than about
> communicating.  even if there were people who didn't
> have the information at this moment or perhaps even
> the basic tools to rightly understand you in your
> current aparition, the interaction might be worth
> decending from a pedestal.

Occasionally, this may happen.  It has in the past.  The vast majority of
the time, most of those people aren't worth the effort to explain myself.  I
do prefer, as you infer above, to communicate with equals or near equals.

> oops.  talking about preferences.  that comes too
> closely to thought.  b/c you have to choose b/w more
> than one option.  oh dear.

Sarcasm doesn't become you, m'dear.  It's not your style.

> > All I have to do is look around me and draw
> > conclusions from observations,
> > then state my sweeping generalizations.
>
> something akin to reaction, then?  or atleast less
> than well-researched conclusions--something plenty of
> us have done at one time or another.  but do you
> really want to be a hypocrite knowingly?

When it suits my purposes, sure.  I'm knowingly a hypocrite from time to
time.  I think everyone is, probably more than they'd care to admit to
themselves.

> > There's been no tragedy at my door.  The people I
> > care about are safe and
> > sound.
>
> chris, i'm glad for you in that; but people don't
> often escape tragedy.  and when they do, they rarely
> forget it.

You can forget anything you choose to forget.  People do it every day.

An interesting etymological note:  the word "tragedy" comes to us, via
middle english and latin, from the greek "tragoidia", literally "goat song"

That's my well-researched conclusion for the day.

~C