Current events, List arguments, DM's impersonation of Silent Bob

Good Morning,
        At least, let's hope its better than yesterday.

Those of you who know me, know I am not usually up at this hour. But last
night, I fought grief the way irish often do and decided to stay in bed till
I woke up. Which was an hour ago.

The truth is I am still a little shocky.

September 11th

9-11

National cry for help.

This is almost too much to handle. The first thing I saw when I got up
yesterday was the twin towers collapsing. The first reaction I had was
"that's a sloppy way to impolde a building, my dad (a retired ironworker)
would laugh... wonder why their bringing down the WTC... wait THAT"S NOT
SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN..
The only thing my housemate heard was the end of that thought..

Holy shit.

He filled me in, ending with, oh, and class is cancelled.

Kent State Never closes. It was the one thing I had to call people to
confirm.

That's a state of shock.

the "Greatest generation" has often scolded those who came after them (esp.
us detested Gen Xers) because we never faced any of their great trials.

Well, all that changed.

I try not to jump the gun and realize the wisdom of my elders- so , after
hearing the comparisons to Pearl Harbor, I called some people who were
there.

My grand parents.

The consensus: (hold on to your seats folks, D.M. Doesn't say stuff like
this)

They were bot unprvoked sneak attacks
Pearl Harbor was a military instillation with a death toll of 8,000 (by one
realtive's account).
The World trade center alone was a civillian target with a possible death
toll of 50,000.

This is an act of war.

WAR

(good god ya'all)

I have had, till this point, no faith in the second coming of Bush, who is
possibly the most, well, flat out the most stupid man ever to sit in the
white house.

I never expected a situation where he could instill some faith in me.

Unfortunaly, that faith lies in retalliation.

THIS WAS AN ACT OF WAR.
Welcome to the world, Wanda June.

Hopefully in one of the shortest wars ever- meaning- wiping who ever is
harboring the parties responsible off the map if they don't turn them over.

And should they turn them over- What happened to Mussolini comes to mind.

Chris Emery, in the light of the days events, said something rather
tackless. Although, its also a thought that until yesterday, many peace
loving Americans had.

The pentagon, however, is a military target. One of the most obvious.

Let us not forget also that who ever is responsible for this (Afganistan,
Palistine) believes that this is sending them to heaven

I won't further here the argument on what has killed more people, Religion,
or military reqruitment ads.
For this is not the matter at hand.

What there is to do now is, stay calm. Remind loved ones how much they mean
to you. Donate blood. This is a personal call to me, I'm really iffy on
giving blood, but am doing so today because I am also a universal donor.
Pray
And be good to your fellow Americans.
We are at war,
But it may, at least for a little while, make us a country again.

To all of you out there,
Good Morning, Good Day, and Good Evening, America

D.M.