Re: Re: What's spinnin'....

On 9/4/01 2:25 AM, quoth the effervescent soberman_69 at hotmail_com at
soberman_69 at hotmail_com:

>Really?  I love shoujo anime, bt I just can't get into that show.  (Wanna
>buy my DVDs?)  The songs, however, are the coolest!  "Operatic heavy metal"
>can't even begin to describe them!  Too bizarre!

Completely missed this before. Sorry.

Yeah, the duesling songs are completely off my scale, but they're meant
to be frenetic and bizarre. Some of the other music-- "Poison," for
example, is quite brill, and considering the target audience is 13 year
old girls, pretty racy and sophisticated.

Oh, and yeah, I'm desperately in the market for the DVDs-- Vol. 2
especially. So if'n you're looking to offload them....

I did get CLAMP's RG Veda. It's interesting. Kind of fun to see how far
anime's come.

>Do you know of the Japanese band "Super Junky Monkey"?  They are kindred
>spirits to the music of Utena, and had a domestic release.  It sounds like
>Minnie Mouse in a blender.
>
>Anyway, I'll still take "Fushigi Yugi" over "Utena" any day.
>
>and...
>
>Crowded House
>
>This reminds me, Neil Finn's latest wasn't released in the states.  I only
>care because Midnight Oil's songwriting wunderkind and guitarist
>extraordinaire, Jim Moginie, plays on it.  Which also reminds me, the Oils
>will be in Philly on Oct 30.  Should I make the drive from Pittsburgh?  How
>long does it take?  Tickets went on sale this Fri, and I'm stil hoping they
>book a show closer to Pittsburgh.  There is a large gap in the schedule
>around that date, affording them time to add venues in places like NY or
>Cleveland, where they were scheduled to be this July until they pulled out
>the the "Great Austrailian Bite" tour with INXS and Men At Work.
>
>Yes, they are my favorite band in this or any world, and they haven't been
>to America for a real tour sice 1993, but I'm not the type to drive off into
>uncharted territory for a three hour concert.  Any advice?

It takes about five hours to drive from Pgh to Philly. It's not the
longest drive in the world, nor is it the most boring (St. Pete to
Gainesville, FL takes the cake on that one), but it really depends on
your stamina, your car, and your CD collection.

Just out of curiosity, I must have missed something in your paragraph
above. INXS is touring?