listening/reading

hi ya'll,
this is fun... my ears have been getting a LOT of
alt-country lately.  very new to me & i'm still a little
bitter that no one cued me in before.
gillian welch-revival
ryan anderson- heartbreaker (i think thats it, not sure)
wilco-dunno which one, its my roommate's
and then:
otr till we have faces
otis redding's greatest hits
claire holley... anyone heard of her?  she is a great
little folkie type
queen latifah... does that count as a guilty pleasure?  i
really get a kick out of singing along to "don't love a man
if he don't have a condom" in the car.  windows down.
reading:
paula, isabel allende
a thomas merton reader
crosswicks journals & wrinkle in time, madeleine l'engle
on the road, jack keroac (sp??)
collected poems of anne sexton
these are not sweet girls, anthology of latin american
women poets
and then a whole slew of lovely children's books for my
children's lit class.  most recently, sylvester and the
magic pebble.

might i recommend SKINNY LEGS AND ALL by tom robbins... its
my favorite.  a real trip.
-=katherine=-

=====
šIt is the nature of love to create, and no matter what we do to creation, that love is still there, creating; in you, in me.š
          **Madeleine LŽEngle**