re: crawling out ... to get in on the book thread

Just finished "The Reader" by some German author whose
name I can't seem to remember. Translated to English
from its original German and sometimes I felt the tone
was probably lost.  But a hell of a good story with a
jolting end.

Just started "Wise Blood" by Flannery O'Connor.  This
is my first exposure to her writing and I have to say,
so far i'm surprised.  Don't know yet if it's in a
good or bad way, just not what I expected.  That Hazel
Motes is one strange duck: "I reckon you think you're
redeemed?"
Anyone else familiar with this story? I know there has
to be some O'Connor fans on this list.

Jay