michael jackson and guilty pleasures

bruce said:
>mikey has a new CD out in october, the 1st video cost gads of money and
>stars marlon brando, benecio del toro, and chris tucker or chris rock or
>something like that.  tell me THAT doesn't sound like the start of a bad
>joke.

ok, so it's been awhile since i've come out of the lurking closet.
(actually, until this week, i haven't been reading much of the list for a
few months--sorry!)  but michael jackson was enough to get me talking--i've
been in india for the past 2 1/2 months, and imagine my shock when i noticed
two huge buses with the name MICHAEL JACKSON plastered all over them parked
outside my flat every day.  as it turns out, this country (or at least the
city of bombay) loves the man so much that they've named a school after him!
  his new album also made yesterday's newspaper here--apparently, radio
stations in ny have been disappointed by the first single?  has anyone heard
it yet?  i do like benecio del toro (speaking of guilty pleasures...)

my hidden musical pleasure--bryan adams.  i don't own any of his albums
anymore, but i sill can't help singing along!

now, here's my new question for you: if you were going halfway around the
world for six months, and could only take a few albums for the sake of
packing lightly and living simply, who would you take?  the "essential"
collection i've brought consists of otr, ben harper, ani difranco, and one
each of the innocence mission, rem and the tigerlilies (the band that my
neighbor in cincinnati belonged to).

peace,
amyjoy