Re: Captain Obvious

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Don Smith wrote:

> Wait a minute... how do you guys know about Captain Obvious?  The Captain I
> know was a running gag in one of the Off-Off Campus shows at the University of

your captain obvious sounds funny (:

i've been around for a couple incarnations of such a captain.

the first was invented by mom (:

she'd be giving us something ot do, and we'd look confused, and she come
racing in with 'the latest information to help...' and state some really
silly observation that was so.... blatantly clear - and then say that Capt
Obvious had called her with a message about everything. or she see us
struggling with a problem and say 'you know...' and relate something
supposedly from cpt obvious.

it was cute. along with the Giant Spider and The Phantom Note-Writer... (:

the other is just here at work.

anyone can b Cpt Obvious - you just have ot say something stupid and dumb
(: that everyone can see already (:

rhys