Re: dvd menu musique

Since we're talking about DVD menus, I might as well air what is an
ever-growing pet peeve of mine: the evolution of the animated menu.

I enjoy animated menus as much as the next guy. "Edward Scissorhands" and
"Dark City" come to mind as good examples - they're short, cool, and move
right along. But what's with some of these, like "X-Men", "Crouching Tiger,
Hidden Dragon", and "Gladiator"? I feel like I'm being forced to sit through
some featurette just to get to the damn movie. They take SO long, and
they're SO involved, and - in the case of CTHD - they actually contain
*spoilers* for the movie!

Okay. Grievance aired. Back to your lives, citizens.

Paninaro,

-

s&th
cirhsein at yahoo_com

"To die for an idea - it is unquestionably noble.
But how much nobler it would be if men died for
ideas that were true."
                           - H.L. Mencken