Re: The Debbil made me do it!

I knew someone would do this!  Is there no one who can
take an argument for what it is and not turn it into
something it isn't?  Sheesh!

--- Derek A Collins <derekac001 at hotmail_com> wrote:
> But Kelvin.....!!!
>
> What I am objecting to is the automatic grouping of
> lgb people in the same
> category as adulterers, alcoholics, liars, thieves,
> recidivists, criminals,
> child molesters, sheep-shaggers, etc., etc., etc..

I was not even adressing the issue of "is
homosexuality a sin".  That's old.  I was merely
adressing the issue of change.  If someone wants to
"come out" of anything, let them.  If it doesn't work,
okay.  If it does, let them do it.  I was merely
pointing out that any change is progressive and not
perfect.  That is ALL I was saying.
Now, because of your reply, I'm associated with an
argument I wasn't making.  Thanks.

> What I have said all along is that there is no
> evidence beyond prejudice on
> which to make this grouping.  Rather than show me
> better evidence than a few
> disputed proof texts, you continue wildly to made
> yet more associations with
> no basis.

I think you need to start looking at the little thing
on top of your emails that says "from" and stop acting
as if they are all coming from the same person.  I
don't know where all this crap came from, but it has
nothing to do with my post.

> Please can we take the argument forward from this,
> either here or offline,
> or if you will not listen to me, discontinue it?

That's almost funny!  I hesitate to even point out the
irony of your accusing me of not listening.  You would
do well to take your own advice.

Kelvin

=====
Time is precious