Re: A friend has recommended this site

> Anyway, I can see you didn't read past the title page, but I hope others
> on this list find the testimony of people who have left this lifestyle
> to be compelling, at least.  If it is indeed true, the "genetics"
> argument is in trouble.

Um, it is in no such thing.  Genes only *influence* your decisions -- you
still have to actually decide to live a certain way.  And studies do
indicate that genes influence a lot of things, from suicidal tendencies,
to proclivities for crime or violence, to sexual orientation, etc.

As for people who have "left this lifestyle" -- it is open to question how
many of them were gay, per se, and how many were closer to "bisexual" on
the scale.  A couple of years ago, I interviewed Joe Dallas, one of the
more prominent ex-gays out there (actually, he's an ex-ex-ex-gay, having
come out of the lifestyle twice, having lapsed back into it after the
first time, IIRC), and he admitted he may have been closer to "bisexual".