Re: homophobia (little otr)

> i believe there is a reason for everything...and someone's sexual
> orientation is given to them the same way i was given hazel eyes and
> black hair.

You mean, there is a *reason* why you have hazel eyes and black hair?
It's not just a genetic happenstance?

> i was watching "if these walls could talk 2" on HBO last night, and the
> first vignette absolutely killed me. it was set in 1961, and the premise
> was that this older woman's partner had a stroke and died. they had been
> together for years and years, but because of the intolerance back then,
> the poor woman couldn't see her partner in the hospital, couldn't make
> funeral arrangements on her own, and couldn't even keep the house they
> shared.

Yeah, I haven't seen that film, but the reviews of the first segment have
been pretty good, and just hearing about that sort of thing riles me up.

> do we really want to keep treating people that way? think about it. and
> don't throw any of that "love the sinner, hate the sin" bollocks at me.
> it's the biggest cop-out i've ever heard...unless you are someone who
> *really* puts that belief into action.

Well, um, I love myself and hate my sin all the time ... so I guess you
could say that I, at least, put that belief into action ...