Re: homosexuality

In a message dated 7/22/01 12:21:38 AM Central Daylight Time,
soberman_69 at hotmail_com writes:

Ah, media.  You know, Spin magazine once ran a piece about homosexuals at a
Christian retreat that was EXTREMELY slanted.  It painted a picture of the
willing volutneers as veritable concentration camp prisioners, suffering
unspeakable torture and brainwashing.  Try telling that to the men that go
on religious television programs and speak freely about their testimony of
"leaving the lifestyle" and finding subsequent happiness and peace.  Or you
could try the "Christians No Longer Gay Living For Christ" chat room at
talkcity.com.  I'm sure those people would have a more informed opinion
about this than anyone on this list, having been through it.

Anyone see _But I'm a Cheerleader_?  I've been quiet, but I'll weigh in here.
 I have been on both sides of this fence in reverse order.  And regarding the
person's original post about how MOST christian churches are
anti-homosexuality... I don't think anyone can speak of most churches, but I
can speak for the ones I have been affiliated with...  And I can tell you as
one who was *kicked out* of a church because of my sexuality that the phrase
anti-homosexuality is an understatement.

Jan