Re: question about the bible

> My question is; Where does the bible get its authority?

Officially, from the Holy Spirit.  But in practical, observable terms,
from tradition handed down by the authorities in the church.  Which makes
it more than a little ironic when Protestants try to use the Bible to
*undermine* traditional Catholic or Orthodox authority.

And just for the record, I *am* a Protestant myself.  I like irony.  :)

> In other words, why should I, or anyone else take the bible more
> seriously then say Greek mythology?

Well, for one thing, not all of it is myth.  Sections of it are very much
historical, or, in the case of Paul's letters, autobiographical.