Re: mary moon?

This surprises me a bit.  I'm NOT rejecting any
"intense intellectual discussion."  I'm rejecting a
lot of crap that has been bouncing around here for way
too long: namecalling, fingerpointing, arrogance,
posturing, people delighting in hacking other people
off, you can offend that one but this one is
untouchable, pretentiousness, arrogance II... None of
this requires any "thinking effort" at all.  If you've
got a decent discussion I'll play along (as in the
A.I. thread) but I'm not gonna be sucked into anymore
pettiness.  That's getting old.  (And I've been as
guilty as anyone.)

Kelvin

--- "J. Marie Hall" <fionaeval at yahoo_com> wrote:

> i find sometimes that the rejection of intense
> intellectual discussion is linked to not being able
> participate (for whatever reason).  a lot of people
> are intimidated and use the "it's bullshit" thing as
> cop-out.  or they just don't want to put forth the
> thinking effort.

=====
Time is precious
Talk is cheap