my otr to go

merely consists of playing it in the car after a long day.

the other night was particularly odd...

it was just past going dark, to that eerie stage. we'd had storms all day,
and now the horizon continually flickered with heat lightening. sometiems
so bright, that it wrapped around, and i felt caught in the middle of a
flashbulb... everynow and then, all the electric atoms would gather for
one forceful pink or orange bolt straight from one point to another, be it
vertical or horizontal.

after an hour of spooky quiet lights... i met the storm, complete with
thunder. it sounded like God was also moving his furniture around.

otr to go also consists of placing the case on an old coffee table at my
grandparents' house, pushing it into the cd player - it looks out of place
there- and then pressing play.

it's always warm in there, and the hish-whir of the pump is queiter (they
got a new machine). grandaddy's eyes are more far away these days i wonder
what he sees. i tell him about what i saw in europe, and he tried to talk
to me.. i don't know what he wanted to say, he couldn't manage that much,
but he smiles when Little blue river comes on.  and then he laughs a
little bit when grama pretends to get huffy at stairway of skin. he pats
her hand and motions her to turn it up. then grama gets up to get me more
cookies, but i haven't eaten the ones she gave me yet. i think we're used
to it now, this strange quiet. as i left, grama told me that she really
doesn't mind that 'married song', but it makes grandady smile when she
fusses. so she does.

i think indiana is too spread out to find otr plaiying in a mall, but
coffee tables make great resting places for the case of an album while you
sit and dream a while with soeone you love.

rhys

--
Anything that happens happens. Anything that, in happening, causes something
else to happen, causes something else to happen. Anything that, in happening,