Re: Carman

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Peter T. Chattaway wrote:

> > Norman Vincent Peale said that we have two choices every day--"to feel
> > good about ourselves or to feel lousy.  Why would anyone choose the
> > latter?"
>
> Because we face *another* choice every day -- whether to tell the
> truth or whether to lie.  Sometimes the truth makes us feel lousy.

aw, you beat me to it...

not to start a war, but it occurs to me - are we like the two old ladies
living side-by-side in the middle of nowhere?

we keep discussing the same things over and over again, like a dance with
required moves.

funny image.

did anyone see AI?

do you think that david's obssession/fixation for his mother's love is
indicative of his humanness or inhumanity. the mindless search for a fairy
to give him his wish...

was it weird that he had emotional wiring?  thwhat are the implications of
artifical children? not artifical workers off in some place we never have
to deal with them.. but in the home - tugging at your heart strings - can
you really love something that is not really real? people claim to love
their aiwas...

didn't it seem like a mix of lots of spielbergs? from empire of the sun
(the long quest for mom), close encounters, um... and others.

?

takers?

rhys
--
Anything that happens happens. Anything that, in happening, causes something
else to happen, causes something else to happen. Anything that, in happening,