Re: Carman

Carman is a Las Vegas-style CCM artist whose
trademark songs are story-songs, in many cases
where he himself, or the characters, battle the
devil. Other songs are typical praise and worship
and CCM pop (although his albums in recent years
have tended to run the genre gamut, from hip-hop
to country). His lyrics, at least the ones I'm
familiar with, simplify the Christian faith and
provide easy answers to life's problems.

I personally listened to Carman about 15 to 18
years ago and thought his albums were pretty
good. Then I read that he blamed the entire
downfall of American society on the removal of
prayer from schools (I read this in CCM Magazine
about 12 to 15 years ago). That's when I lost
respect for him. I don't think you can blame an
entire society's problems on one event like that.
Gradually I grew out of his music and simple
lyrics.

Jeff McCloud
teamccloud at yahoo_com

--- Bob the dancing monkey