Re: Faithfully Dangerous

--- Sweet & Tender Hooligan <cirhsein at yahoo_com> wrote:
> For those who are interested, my band recorded a cover of
> OtR's "Faithfully Dangerous", and there is now an mp3
> posted at our website. www.eonchamber.com

I have to say (music critic hat: ON), the OtR cover is a
little bit mis-placed... like you missed the sexual tension
in the song... the pull between spirit and flesh... But the
other two songs hit it nail on. First of all, I have to say
you guys remind me a lot of ColdPlay, Travis, and others in
the latest wave of British bands. and that's a good thing.
The original song on there has lots of great tension and
moodiness. But what really got me was the cover of DA's
"Sleep Silent Child". First of all, The original is an
amazing track to begin with... best rip off of the James
Bond Theme I've ever heard. and your cover version strikes
just that right balance of imitation and finding your own
space in DA's work. Everyone should download this track
right now.

=====
Bradley S. Caviness, Bigwig
Bigwig Enterprises

http://www.bigwigenterprises.com

"We're all writing everyday with our lives, whether or not we ever pick up a pen." – Linford Detweiler, Over the Rhine