Re: cs lewis

Hi,

> > They are
> > still presenting
> > "evidence" that has been disproven for over thirty
> > years.
>
> I don't believe this is true at all.

Well, I've seen "creation science" pamphlets that still tout such things as
dust layers on the moon (which was disproven when we landed there), short
period comets (which was disproven in 1995 when we found the Kuiper Belt), and
the so-called "decay" of the Earth's magnetic field (i don't know the date this
was disproven, but it is well-established that the Earth's magnetic field
undergoes reversals every now and then on geological time scales, so the rate
of change right now cannot be extrapolated the way they do).

> I'm a pretty open minded guy, and I've seen a truckload of good evidence that
> points away from evolution.  I don't see how you can accuse creation science
> of being "hypothesis-driven" and defend evolution as real science when it is
> indeed the most religiously-biased "science" I have ever seen.

Well, first of all, *I* never even *mentioned* evolution, let alone *defended*
it.  That's a separate issue.  If you want to get into it, I will, but I would
prefer not to *right* now, because I think it would muddy the issue.  Whether
or not biological evolution, as a science, is scientific, has no bearing on
whether creation science is scientific.  Each can be evaluated separately.
Furthermore, my field of expertise is Astrophysics, not biology, although I am
not totally ignorant of the subject; I'm still a layperson.

> Actually, I'm not really looking to argue this, anyway.  I may, however, at
> some point in the future toss some questions your way privately when I get
> more time to do more digging and learning.  Do ya mind?

Not at all.  Ask away.  Any time.

--
Don Smith                    Robotic Optical Transient Search Experiment
donaldas at umich_edu                          http://xte.mit.edu/~dasmith/

The Iron Chef in The Matrix:       "I know Kung Pao!"       "Show me."