Re: Re: revisionism

On 6/22/01 12:12 AM, quoth the brilliant Kendrickjd at aol_com at
Kendrickjd at aol_com:

>I see what you're saying, but most (not all, though, as you and Don pointed
>out) things in history aren't (seemingly--we don't want to start this fight)
>objective like 2+2 = 7.  Most things are treated as fact based on the
>perspective of the person bringing us the (hi)story.
>
>Jan

Heh. Yeah, like when all anyone could talk about was the Presidential
elections. I'm on, oh, five lists, I think. All of them were talking
about the allegations of racial bias, the random roadblocks, the
misprinted ballots, etc. Then I come here, and the general gist seemed to
be Gore was a whiner who didn't know when to shut up.

The history you've been taught is the lens through which you view your
world.

Oh, and the quote is, usually: "Two Jews, three opinions."

PS: Please, folks, again: watch your headers. One copy of any given email
is enough.