Re: revisionists and generalities

> I think that the sentence written actually said that evangelical parents
> home-school TO shelter...i don't think the sentence was implying that ALL
> evangelicals home school their kids...

ARGH.

Let me quote an excerpt from a user review of 'Shrek' that I read the other
night.

"It is rated PG for a reason; not suitable for young kids. We have never let
our kids watch TV, so they are not conditioned for a lot of the stuff that
may be prevalent. "

This makes me want to SHOOT parents.   HELLO!  Let's completely shelter our
children from the outside world so that when the time comes to leave the
nest, they'll be ENTIRELY unprepared to DEAL with EVERYDAY LIFE.  Jesus
fucking christ.

My parents homeschooled me for 4th & 5th grades, and it was high school
before I got socially readjusted.

<insert your favorite "Chris, but you're STILL not socially readjusted" joke
here>

~C