Re: revisionism

In a message dated 6/21/01 10:22:25 AM Central Daylight Time,
prestokelvo at yahoo_com writes:

Call me naive, but I
believe that history is about the way it WAS

I totally disagree, Kelvo.  You just take for granted that all the people
recording history (read "his" "story") were totally nonbiased.  I think
that's rarely possible.  How many times have you fought with someone because
you had different versions of what happened...different versions of whose
fault something was...or we look at a color, and I call it purple and you say
blue...or I think someone is beautiful and you don't find her attractive at
all...or I say we evolved and you say no, God did it.  Who's right?  HIStory
is all about perspective.  It's not called "her" story, now is it?

Jan