Re: revisionism

--- JLuvzMusyk at aol_com wrote:

> hi kids.

I love being called that!  Thanks.

> i agree with this statement for the most
> part...except that i think you have
> to learn many *different* perspectives on the same
> subject.  like it or not,
> different people with different backgrounds have
> differing views on a
> majority of things, and, to help us better
> understand them as well as
> ourselves, we need to learn all of it.  history is
> not only the facts, it is
> also the reaction of those events and circumstances
> that make the rest of
> humanity show their viewpoints.

I don't disagree with you at all.  But you have to
realize that we're talking about two different things.
 There are the perspectives/reflections/reactions to
the facts and then there are the facts themselves.  Do
what you want with teh p/r/r...that's fine.  I won't
deny anyone that right.  But the problem as I see it
is that too often the p/r/r are deemed so much more
important than the facts of history themselves - or
even a true scientific search for the facts - they
they are substituted for the facts.

or something like that...

kelvin

=====