Re: revisionism

kelvin said:

> Call me naive, but I
>  believe that history is about the way it WAS - the
>  facts - not any persons perspective on it.

hi kids.

i agree with this statement for the most part...except that i think you have
to learn many *different* perspectives on the same subject.  like it or not,
different people with different backgrounds have differing views on a
majority of things, and, to help us better understand them as well as
ourselves, we need to learn all of it.  history is not only the facts, it is
also the reaction of those events and circumstances that make the rest of
humanity show their viewpoints.

*sigh*  i think i'm going to implant my thoughts into don smith's brain so
that *he* can write what i mean.  he definitely has a better grib on the
english language than i do.  don, you're my new personal hero.  chris, can we
name him the deity of the week?  :)

and, btw, j. marie hall, i think you are one of the most pleasant people i've
ever met (quasi-met, anyway).

*hugz and kisses*
jessyka