Re: revisionism

--- Don Smith <dasmith at rotse2_physics.lsa.umich.edu>
wrote:
  The only time I hear the
> term is when it seems that
> people feel their sacred cows (whatever they are) to
> be threatened

...and a whole bunch of intellectual stuff before he
got to the real nugget...

> Nothing, which is why we need the constant challenge
> and testing that the
> scientific method provides.  It's the best way to
> weed out the wacky from the
> plausible.

I concur.  The problem I see is that when a lot of
people talk about history, it seems to be in terms of
"my history", "your history", and they tend to bend
history to fit their agendas.  Call me naive, but I
believe that history is about the way it WAS - the
facts - not any persons perspective on it.  I don't
get to rewrite it just because it reflects on "my
people" in a way other than I would like.

Kelvin

=====
Time is precious
Talk is cheap