Re: revisionism

> Call me naive, but I believe that history is about the way it WAS - the
> facts - not any persons perspective on it.

History is a prime example of why I call myself neither a subjectivist nor
an objectivist but an "inter-subjectivist".  Without perspective to shed
its light on the historical facts, there can be no history.  But history
is much larger than any one perspective can ever be, and the more
perspectives that are brought to bear on history, the better.

> I don't get to rewrite it just because it reflects on "my people" in a
> way other than I would like.

Well, that's as good a reason as any to rewrite history, quite frankly.
But in order for me to take your rewrite seriously, I would have to know
that you had listened to as many voices as possible and had given the
evidence sufficient rational thought.  If I perceive that you are
suppressing evidence to make your point, I won't pay you much attention.