From: rhys daily [mailto:shadow at teuton_org]
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 11:07 AM
Cc: OTR
Subject: Re: Dr. Seuss

On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Sweet & Tender Hooligan wrote:

> > > i'm all for talking about dr. suess, though
> >
> > My favorite is the one with the little critters on the
> > beach who had "stars upon thars".  I just read it a
> > couple of weeks ago and now I can't remember the
> > title.
>
> "The Sneetches (and other stories)".
>
> Ever since I was little, my favorite has always been "The Lorax". It's
> the only Dr. Seuss book that's sad, and I therefore blame it for my
> lifelong obsession with melancholy stories.  :)

i always liked the one about mr mcgillicuddy's pool, and 'what comes after
z?'

perhaps it's the reason for my silly imaginings...

i remember taking 'naps' in the heat of the day.  the sun pressed down
hard on my eyelids, and the air sat in my mouth, and my ears rang with
silence and the whir-click of the overhead fan. everything slept at that
time. except for me and my older sister.

we'd get out dr. seuss, the dictionary, and finger the lines, and laugh to
ourselves. under the sheets, cool shadows, and hair sticking to my neck.
look up the words, (we rarely found them), and then make up our own. even
after we were too old for dr seuss, we still liked to pull out the books
and play when we were supposed to be asleep.

i miss dr seuss.

there's a zamp in my lamp!

rhys