Re: talkin' about jesus ...

> > Why not talk about Jesus here?  Because this is a
> > discussion
> > forum specifically for Over the Rhine with hundreds
> > of people
> > signed up who want to hear / talk about Over the
> > Rhine and who
> > really don't care to listen to much else.  To
> > continually post off
> > topic, as these coversations are, is just plain
> > rude.  Especially
> > considering most of the talking happens between only
> > a couple
> > interested parties ... it's really not that hard to
> > take things off list.
>
> i hate to point out the obvious, but if other parties
> are not posting or giving better alternatives (aka otr
> content) in this forum, i don't think it will/needs to
> change.  if you want to focus only on them, first
> you'll have to give a strict definition of what that
> means.  second, you'll actually have to do it.

Well, the answer to number one would be any form of discussion
that has direct relevance to the work of OtR or it's members.  i.e.
discussion of theological concepts used in the music or brought up
in interviews is fine, general theology for the sake of theology is
not.  Second, I do actually do it ... it's very rare to see me post
something off topic here and I've been around under one email
address or another for a loooooong time.  My issue isn't so much
the theology specifically, it's that the signal:noise ratio on this list
is horrific.  It's probably the worst of any list I've ever been on, and
that includes the lynch-list's constant political rants ... You got an
in joke you want to continue?  Keep it within the in crowd.  Want to
respond directly to the author of a specific post?  Do it off list.  I
agree whole heartedly with Chris ... the occasional off topic post,
little joke etc is inevitable but when you get on to the fifteen or
twentieth post in an off topic thread it's way out of line.  People are
friends here, that's well and good but at the end of the day it's a
discussion list dedicated to a band not to who did what today ...

Todd.

The Denver Gentlemen | The Autumns | Matt Hopper | 3" Series

Absalom Recordings is on the web at www.absalomrecordings.com