Re: Required Radiohead Listening

on 6/2/01 5:35 PM, BEric123 at aol_com at BEric123 at aol_com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/2/01 4:01:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> Owner-Over-The-Rhine at actwin_com writes:
> <<
> OK, since we're on the subject, I've admittedly been one of the last to
> step on the Radiohead bandwagon.  I like everything I've heard, just
> haven't bought a CD yet.  I've got tickets to their show in a few weeks,
> and was wondering which discs were required listening?  Any  >>
>

> Well, here are my recommendations.....
>
> #1  Kid A------ sonically, this album trumps their past efforts,

Listen to _OKC_ in some really great headphones and see if that doesn't
change your mind. Maybe it won't, but I think it's a far more "sonically
trumping" album (or something like that).

> #1 tie OK Computer---- I absolutely LOVE the first 8 tracks (with the
> exception of Fitter Happier), but after that I don't really find the rest of
> the album as that strong.

Not that I'm trying to change your mind or anything :)>  "Lucky" isn't one
of the first 8 tracks and it's the most amazing thing they've ever done,
imo.

>Still, Paranoid Android and Subterranean Homesick
> Alien are AMAZING!

No joke on that one. "Airbag" and "Let Down" too, though. I personally think
the first "side" rivals just about any album side. Ever.