Re: moulin rouge

On 6/2/01 8:47 AM, quoth the brilliant maxmsh at yahoo_com at
maxmsh at yahoo_com:

>I saw Moulin Rouge yesterday and absolutely loved it!
>I wasn't sure going in how I was going to feel about
>the song selection but I thought it really worked.
>The "Like a Virgin" number has to be the funniest
>thing I've seen in film all year.  I also thought
>Nicole and Ewan had great chemistry.  Any other
>thoughts out there?
>
>Max

I'm dying to see it! Anything with corsets and other costumes, I'm there.
I also think Nicole Goodman is just a stunner. I'd kill for hair like
that. Some stupid reviewer ruined it for me, though, so I have an inkling
of the ending.

Why do supposedly hip reviewers feel it necessary to say, "Well, it's
just so _obvious_ that x is going to happen, so I'm not ruining anything
by telling you." Yeah, it may be obvious that something's foreshadowed,
but some films depend on tricking you with a subtle hint, then betraying
it and surprising you.

Sigh. I have the trailer on my laptop. I showed it to my Mom on the plane
on the way home. I believe she was more impressed (and that not very)
with the fact that I was showing her a little movie on my nifty laptop
than by the movie itself. Sigh.