Re: BM

In a message dated 5/31/01 10:42:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Owner-Over-The-Rhine at actwin_com writes:

<<
 Okay, one more thing that strikes me just now...he didn't "luck" into this
 platform.  BM (which also stands for "bowel movement", btw) was given this
 forum to air his controversial opinions 'cause they are that-controversial.
 Ratings are more important than the pursuit of truth.  Plus, the skewed
 panels indicate the show's producers have an agenda, and Maher no doubt is
 the perfect mouthpiece.  (read: MOUTHYpiece >>

well, I have to agree that the panels are easily predictable. Three
politically correct liberals ganging up on one witless conservative who is
typically either self-righteous or naive, possessing the intelligence of a 8
year old child.

Occasionally I agree with Bill, but his views on Christianity are laughable
at best.
It is interesting when an actual intelligent, articulate Christian (or
conservative) gets on the show...I think it catches him off guard. One of the
guys who use to be on Dukes of Hazard (who is a Christian), appeared on the
show and did a good job on the show (I'm not holding him up as a poster boy
for the thoughtful, articulate Christian, but he's way better than most who
appear on the show).

One thing I will say about BM, is that he doesn't suck up to his guests the
way most other talk show hosts do (he does on occasion), but generally he
seems willing to confront them if he disagrees with them...be they liberal or
conservative. I find that refreshing, although many people may not think so.

Although he is a self proclaimed libertarian, I secretly suspect he is a
closet democrat. (Not that there's anything wrong with that). Anyone agree?

Despite my rant, I like him and P.I. enough to watch it on occasion.

Brittney