Re: karin, poles, trilogies, and machines

> BM is a comedian. Not a politician. Not a particularly learned man. Not
> a good debater. The only reason he has his platform is that he was a
> fairly recognizable comedian. . . . His views on Christianity (as well
> as those on any number of things) have no facts, no research, no clear
> rationality behind them. Only the impressions he has running around in
> his mind.

While that is *sometimes* true, he *does* know more than a lot of people
on his show seem to do.  Certainly he knows more than a lot of the
Christians who have appeared on his show seem to know -- but then, the
fact that his show would hire someone like, oh, Victoria Jackson to
represent Christianity suggests that the producers were looking for a
straw man (or straw woman) to begin with.  FWIW, I also tend to think
Maher's a better debater than a comedian -- the jokes of his that they
play before and after the commercial breaks are often rather lame.