Re: Legend, Yes, etc.

> > Um, these items fulfill biblical prophecies?
>
> Nuclear: Chernobyl was, well, reasonably ugly.  So was TMI.  We all are
> more radioactive as a result.  The UN: I could see inroads toward
> Revelation 13, 14???  I am not a biblical scholar and might be confusing
> those chapters with The Birth of Tragedy.  Jets: Leonardo had designed
> aerodynamically correct plans for a flying machine in what, the
> 15th-16th century.  He also was dyslexic.  Television: hmmm... Orwell is
> about all I have offhand.  Computers: someone help me.  There has to be
> someone.  Israel: again, possibly Revelation?  Old Testament?

This makes no sense whatsoever.

When I was growing up, and everyone believed the Rapture would happen in
1988, people used to make a big deal of the fact that Israel had become a
nation again in modern times, as if that proved that Bible prophecy was
coming true before our very eyes.  And it did seem impressive.  But in
later years, I learned that belief in the Rapture and the reconstitution
of Israel and all that other stuff only goes back 150 years or so, and,
oddly enough, many of the people who believed in that stuff actively
campaigned on behalf of the Zionists, until finally, in 1948, the modern
state of Israel was born.  Suddenly the "fulfillment of biblical
prophecies", on that score at least, sounded *much* less impressive.